Job Announcement: Development ManagerPosted on January 4, 2019 • Applications Due:
Freedom for All Americans is the bipartisan campaign to secure full nondiscrimination protections for LGBTQ people nationwide. Freedom for All Americans includes two separate entities – Freedom for All Americans and Freedom for All Americans Education Fund, collectively referred to as Freedom for All Americans (FFAA). Our work brings together conservatives and progressives, businesses large and small, people of faith, and allies from all walks of life to make the case for comprehensive non-discrimination protections that ensure everyone is treated fairly and equally.
With the ultimate goal of securing nationwide nondiscrimination protections for LGBTQ Americans, Freedom for All Americans works at the federal, state, and local level to hold the line on past victories, make the case that nondiscrimination is a real and urgent need, and demonstrate that America is ready for a national solution. Founded in 2015, FFAA is a virtual organization with staff located across the country.
FFAA is seeking a Development Manager to start by March of 2019. The Development Manager should be an individual deeply committed to advancing LGBTQ equality and LGBTQ nondiscrimination protections, as well as someone comfortable working independently in a remote work environment. The right candidate will bring humor, grit, joy, and high standards to their work – understanding how details, operations, and philanthropic-stakeholder engagement contribute to FFAA/EF’s mission and vision.
The Development Manager is responsible for providing donor engagement and development support across the organization.
The Development Manager reports to the VP of Development and will interface closely with the CEO, Director of Corporate Engagement, Administrative & Development Manager, and grant writer. People of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and gender diverse people; women; and people of all political backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the VP of Development with donor engagement, including: coordinate the production of print communications, manage event productions and logistics for major donor events, and implement digital and print communications to our donor community.
- Support the VP of Development with the expansion of our individual giving program, including: conduct donor research; support staff and board with relationship development, portfolio management, and data entry; and, coordinate and implement digital and direct mail campaigns.
- Support the VP of Development and grant writer with corporate and foundation relationships, including: management of the corporate and foundation grant calendar for timely submission of proposals and materials, compile proposal assets, and coordinate recognition and engagement.
- Work with the Administrative and Development Manager to process all individual, corporate, and foundation contributions and grants and coordinate financial data with Finance & Operations staff; and, print and send charitable gift receipts/acknowledgement letters on a weekly basis.
- Work with the Administrative and Development Manager to coordinate biographical and contact information data maintenance, including: maintain the donor records and ensure clean and accurate sharing between databases; and, generate donor imports, exports, and reports.
- Support staff as needed in executing programmatic priorities by providing logistical support and planning for internal and programmatic events.
- Assist CEO and VP of Development with copy editing of reports, distribution of meeting materials, note taking and follow up for Development Committee meetings, and the development and implementation of the annual Development work plan.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be deeply committed to advancing LGBTQ equality and nondiscrimination protections.
- Have a combination of 2-5 years of general nonprofit, public education, advocacy and/or campaign development experience and LGBTQ movement work.
- Be extremely detail oriented, responsive, organized, communicative, and flexible.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, including prioritizing appropriately and tracking and reporting progress internally and to funders.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Have experience and comfort working with basic technology, including Microsoft, online communications tools, and databases such as Salesforce, DonorPerfect, and Blue State Digital.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, campaign environment.
- Adapt to a quickly changing landscape.
- Simultaneously work independently and collaboratively in a team-based remote environment with minimal supervision.
- Be able to travel frequently and work remotely.
LOCATION AND TRAVEL
This is a remote position that can be based anywhere in the U.S. Candidates must be able to work from home and feel comfortable frequently engaging with colleagues and partners by phone, video conference, email, and other digital communications tools.
This position requires significant travel, including at least 2 staff retreats, ad hoc organizational meetings, movement gatherings, fundraising events, and more.
FFAA will provide all of the tools necessary to succeed in this position.
Salary range is $50,000 – $65,000. FFAA provides a competitive benefits package, including: health care, dental, vision, 401K, generous vacation, and paid sick time.
To apply, please complete our online application form which requires a resume and answering a few application questions. The position will remain open until filled. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. No calls please.
Freedom for All Americans and Freedom for All Americans Education Fund will consider all applicants solely on the basis of their qualifications to perform the responsibilities of the position for which they are being considered, without regard to race, color, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, religion, marital status, ancestry, age, matriculation, pregnancy, childbirth, tobacco use, personal appearance, disability, or veteran status. The Organization does not allow, condone or tolerate discrimination against any protected class. This EEO policy is applied to all areas of employment and program participation, including recruitment, hiring, work assignments, compensation, promotions, transfers, and opportunities for training and career advancement. Freedom for All Americans and Freedom for All Americans Education Fund are equal opportunity employers and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.